AutoNation, America’s leading automotive retailer, and Automatic Labs, Inc., a SiriusXM company that brings the power of connectivity to almost any car on the road, declared recently that customers who purchase a pre-owned vehicle from one of five AutoNation USA stores will be able to receive an Automatic plug-in adapter and introductory subscription at no additional cost.
With Automatic’s app and easy-to-install adapter, most vehicles, model year 1996 or later, can become connected. This means that drivers get easy access to a suite of important safety and convenience features from Automatic as well as service alerts and recall notifications from AutoNation.
AutoNation is the leading dealer group to begin offering Automatic, a service bundle that its AutoNation USA stores will provide to consumers with their pre-owned vehicle purchases to enhance their ownership experience. The five participating AutoNation USAstores are located in Houston, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; Corpus Christi, Texas; Katy, Texas; and Henderson, Nevada.
The Automatic Dealer Program will enable AutoNation USA stores to offer consenting customers purchasing a pre-owned vehicle a free trial subscription that includes three years of Automatic’s Crash Alert and Connected Maintenance services, as well as six free months of premium services, such as roadside assistance.
AutoNation customers with Automatic will enjoy a suite of services, counting:
- Crash Alert: Detects when a serious collision occurs and enables responders to contact the driver, send emergency services, and contact a driver’s emergency contacts.
- Roadside assistance: Sends towing and roadside services to a driver’s location when assist is needed.
- Real-time vehicle location monitoring and sharing: Shows where car is parked in a crowded lot, and can keep a driver connected with family while out on the road.
- Vehicle health and performance monitoring: Gain insights on vehicle performance and identify issues when check engine light is on.
- Recall notifications and service reminders: Receive recall notifications and service reminders; book service appointments with AutoNation with a few simple clicks.
- Integration with smart home devices: Open garage door, adjust thermostat, and turn on house lights on your way to or from home.
“Customers come to AutoNation USA because we offer more than other dealers, counting a low price guarantee and two years of routine maintenance included with every purchase. We are excited to add the benefit of Automatic connectivity for customers purchasing preowned vehicles at our five flagship AutoNation USA stores,” said Marc Cannon, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at AutoNation. “Car buyers are becoming increasingly aware of the convenience and safety features that a connected vehicle offers and the Automatic adapter allows us to deliver that connectivity to our customers in vehicles on AutoNation USA store lots.”
“We are excited for AutoNation to take part in the Automatic Dealer Program and we are excited for them to offer the added benefit of Automatic’s connected vehicle adapter and subscription to its customers at the AutoNation USA stores,” said Joe Verbrugge, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Emerging Business for SiriusXM. “AutoNation customers will enjoy an improved vehicle ownership experience with Automatic’s safety and convenience services, and the program gives AutoNation USAstores the ability to stay connected to their customers and improve retention after the purchase. AutoNation’s industry leadership in sales, innovation and customer service makes this an especially positive and important validation of the value we are able to deliver.”
Sirius XM Holdings Inc., (NASDAQ: SIRI) was trading -24.16% away from its yearly high level, during the last trading session. The last session’s volume was 23,338,128 compared to its average daily volume of 27.14M shares. The company has its outstanding shares of 4.38B. The Servicesstock showed a change of -0.68% from opening and finally closed at $5.84 by scoring -0.17%.